Thursday, May 15, 2008

Top ten favorite internet videos: 10, 9 and 8

I decided to compile a list of my favorite internet videos. I imposed the limit of ten, which meant I had to take out a lot of videos that I really love, but I didn't want to list to be too long. I've also tried to present videos that I feel represent their genres. Except for the number one video, this list isn't really in order; I have attempted to group the videos based on their types.

The following videos can be classified as "People hurting themselves." The timeless glee of schadenfreude has found a fruitful home on the internet; sites such as Youtube are full of videos in this vein.


Katana Slip-up



The accident shown in this clip inspired another one of my top ten list, the internet TV show "Cautionary Tales of Swords." This isn't the only video that features a QVC host injuring themselves, two other videos highlight ladder accidents. Ladder accident 1. Accident 2.

Kid falls off a Bridge


This video is a lot funnier if you understand some Spanish. Google pinche pendejo if you want. I love the cameraman in this one, "Te baƱaste!" means "You took a bath!"



My favorite people getting hurt video, mainly because I have no sympathy for the asshats who are injured. Really, what possible alternative outcome could have resulted from jumping off a roof? Once again, the cameraman adds to the overall video, with his asinine inquiry of "You guys ok?"

No comments: